Friday, April 11, 2008

Over My Dramatic Self

Yes I have my moments...the "drama queen" roared her ugly head this morning. You know, moments of quite despair can do that to a girl.

After my "oh woe is me" moment. I got dressed and headed to Lowes...greasy, broken part in hand. I finally found someone to ask for help and then they asked someone else for help. The poor man looked at me and said he had never seen anything like it before in his life. He couldn't even offer me any type of alternative to fix it. All he said was go to a metal shop and have it custom made. Of course the clock is ticking in my head and the thought of all that just irritated me totally. I went and bought something I thought I could maybe rig to work right and drove home praying the whole way.

Well, I am not so rational sometimes...really, that shouldn't surprise you! For some reason I though I only needed two holes when really, I needed three. Two screws and one bolt. There was no was I could "rig" what I bought. Thankfully, it was only a buck!

So, irritated with Lowes lack of knowledge and not wanting to drive to the other side of town to go see if Home Depot was any more educated. I went into Ace Hardware. I always love the people at Ace!

Once again greasy parts in hand, I paced up and down the isles looking for something that just may work. Right away a nice lady came up and offered to help. The two of us were on a mission. She was very helpful but she too had to ask another for help. This guy totally rocked. Let me tell you, he was so helpful! He gave me some metal fixer upper stuff and we figured out a few things to stick into it to brace it. I really love Ace Hardware. You may pay a few pennies more but sometimes the help is so worth it.

Now the part is drying and I will sand it down a bit in a few minutes. Much more prayer, but hopefully this will work!

I did call the maker of my wheel and asked if I could order the part that broke. The darling man is sending me the part for free. *crosses fingers* I hope what I have made will at least work until the new part comes in! ♥

1 comment:

Junque Rethunque said...

you know, I've heard that Ace is the place with the helpful hardware people.