Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's ALIVE!

The Twisted Purl has been asleep for too long. It's time to get things back into gear and wake up!

Things have been happening. Really! First off, a new Yarn-A-Holic Group was started in Conway, Arkansas. The group meets every Tuesday at The Faulkner County Library. Click Here to go to the facebook page for the group.

Here's the lowdown on the group:
"Are you crazy for crochet? Needing to knit? Spastic for spinning? Or just freaky for fiber? Have we got the support group for you. Beginning March 31, join fellow fiber addicts at the Faulkner County Library on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 to 7 p.m. All skill levels are welcomed. We want to offer a community-learning environment where those just starting out can learn from others with more experience. Bring your projects, grab a cup of our free coffee and make some new friends."

I take my spinning wheel, when we are in the larger room. If you spin, please bring some of your yarn to show off! The first night of the group I took the roving pictured below and spun it while chatting with all the great ladies.

The second night of the group, I plied the yarn and this is the final product:
I want to give a shout out to an amazing local program. It's called Conway Locally Grown. The flyer for the program can be seen here: http://conway.locallygrown.net/files/document/document/106/FLYER-1.pdf
If all goes ok, I may be selling my handmade yarn through this amazing program. If not, I will be buying some local, super fresh produce. It's always best to support your local markets and producers. More details to follow on this program and The Twisted Purl's involvement.

I have teamed up with a few other AREtsy members to do some local trunk shows. The next date will be on May the 6th. I will share more details about this in my next post.

No comments: