Thursday, September 13, 2007

Actually The Twisted Purl

So, I have been a knitter for close to 4 years now. I have knit numerous scarves, socks, ponchos, purses, and a few animals. Guess what I found out on Saturday? I purl wrong. Yup! WRONG! How can this be??? I have made countless projects using purls, they have all been fine. Well, I have been twisting my purl. Yup, four years of knitting and I have been actually the twisted purl. Can you believe it? I find such humor and irony in the fact I named my business The Twisted Purl and then come to find out I am twisting my purls. Too funny! Now I actually have to reteach my hands to purl right...not so funny.


The picture above is of the hand spun yarn knitted up from Vermont. It will be a poncho from a pattern in "Options" by Margie Morse Pulley. I have really enjoyed knitting with this yarn. It has been such a wonderful experience. Being the fiber junky I am, this yarn was a dream. It had such lovely variations in the fiber. From thin to thick, never too much to be noticed by the novice, but enough to make it so entertaining to knit. Love, love, love this yarn! I am going to have to contact the spinner and request more. I do have two more hanks of her hand spun yarn, but it is just not enough. I want so badly to share this with other fiber-a-holics. This yarn will totally crash your stash diet, if you are on one! Once I get the project complete I will post a picture.


Stash diets really stink, by the way! What fun is it to limit yourself to the yarn you have when the world is full of beauties screaming your name? "Knit me into something beautiful!!!"

No comments: