Sunday, November 18, 2007

I am a Featured Artist!

I am so excited! Denise Felton has featured me this week as her Artist of The Week! It was so fun. I even had to write a Haiku. Please check out her blog: http://denisefelton.blogspot.com/

Also, Denise makes some very neat items! I just love her classic style. Check out her Etsy Shop to see all the awesome things she has for sale.


This is my newest item on Etsy. It is a Christmas Set of Yarn in Hand Painted Red, Green, and White. With Thanksgiving closing in, it is starting to feel more and more like Christmas.
It is funny...the whole season starts earlier and earlier every year. It makes me sad, in a way. When I was a child, my favorite part of Thanksgiving was the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. At the end of the parade came Santa. It was the first time of the year you would see him. Now his face is plastered everywhere, sometimes a few days before Halloween. I actually saw a few of the bell ringers for the Salvation Army out with Christmas hats on, last Wednesday. Can you believe it? Well, of course you can...you see it all around you too.

I really admire a store here in Arkansas. They put up a HUGE sign in their store window saying "Santa wasn't on the Mayflower" They have pledged to never start Holiday decorations until after Thanksgiving. Good for them!



Here is a picture of Daisy. She was sleeping in the blanket I made for Brady for his birthday. She is getting big! I look back at pictures just from a week ago and it is crazy how much she is growing. I am off to craft. Happy Monday and Happy Crafting!

No comments: